lynx-dev Is this as intended? - #3 force_empty_hrefless_a

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: lynx-dev Is this as intended? - #3 force_empty_hrefless_a
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 1999 09:25:06 -0600 (CST)

In dev.15 / dev.16, HTML.c has the appended section.
Something is missing.  The comments says the bahvior depends
on force_empty_hrefless_a, but no related variable is tested.

   Klaus

        if (me->inBoldA == TRUE && me->inBoldH == FALSE)
            HText_appendCharacter(me->text, LY_BOLD_START_CHAR);
#if defined(NOTUSED_FOTEMODS)
        /*
         *  Close an HREF-less NAMED-ed now if we aren't making their
         *  content bold, and let the check in HTML_end_element() deal
         *  with any dangling end tag this creates. - FM
         */
        if (href == NULL && me->inBoldA == FALSE) {
            SET_SKIP_STACK(HTML_A);
            HTML_end_element(me, HTML_A, include);
        }
#else
        /*Close an HREF-less NAMED-ed now if force_empty_hrefless_a was
            requested - VH*/
        if (href == NULL) {
            SET_SKIP_STACK(HTML_A);
            HTML_end_element(me, HTML_A, include);