lynx-dev Lynx 2.8rel.2 (1998); printing to email with X-URL: page info

From: R W Jones
Subject: lynx-dev Lynx 2.8rel.2 (1998); printing to email with X-URL: page info
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 1999 23:38:39 +0000 (GMT)

I had access to an old (4*) version of Lynx ona UK BBS until a few months
ago when it was closed.  I now have a dialup BSD dial up shell account
which runs Lynx 2.8rel.2, and I have been trying to get it to print by
mailing to self in the usual way which includes the X-URL:[url of the
page saved], but have not made much pgress despite lengthy searches on the
web and asking the sysop.  I have found the following pointers but haven't
discovered what changes to lynx.cfg or own lynx.cfg in user home directory
gets me to where I want:

"With Lynx, if you browse some Web-page and then
choose "Print" you are then to choose one of the options:
1. Save the file to your current directory
2. send the file to the print spool
3. mail the file (default e-mail address is yours).

If you choose the third option, then the "X-URL:" is added.
In this case "X-URL:" is equivalent to "Content-Location:". "

In my case, selecting #3 does not include the X-URL now, with old Lynx t
did.  SO I looked further:

" the DOWNLOAD command is used, the only change will be that Lynx
   optionally puts

     <BASE href="http://www.site.foo/path/to/file.html";>

   at the start of the file so that relative URLs in the document will
   still work. Even this modification can be prevented by setting
   PREPEND_BASE_TO_SOURCE:FALSE in lynx.cfg.  "

(See e.g.
www.crl.com/~subir/lynx/latest-release/lynx_help/Lynx_users_guide.html
)

I changed the line quoted to TRUE but it still does not work.

Woudl be grateful for any pointers on how to get the mailed save to
include the X-URL info.  rgds

rwj AT oaktree.co.uk
London EC2