lynx-dev changed default for PERSISTENT_COOKIES

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: lynx-dev changed default for PERSISTENT_COOKIES
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 1999 15:57:07 -0600 (CST)

On Mon, 6 Dec 1999, T.E.Dickey wrote:

> > I don't have an opinion one way or the other on this one, but I sure
> > would like to see the persistent cookies default go back to the old one...
>
> we don't seem to have a strong agreement either way - KW is on one extreme,
> and seems to be convincing LP.

I also count Henry imn my camp... (Henry please speak up if I
misunderstood).

I repeat my main reason: *Someone* should have to make a concious decision
*for* persistent cookies, before Lynx starts keeping track of them.
Be it the installer at compile time (which was the case before
--disable-persistent-cookies became default), or the user or sysadmin
(in lynx.cfg, now).

   Klaus