Re: lynx-dev Please revert HTUnEscape to previous code

From: Henry Nelson
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Please revert HTUnEscape to previous code
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 1999 11:15:07 +0900 (JST)

>               if (iscntrl(FROMASCII(from_hex(p[1])*16 + from_hex(p[2])))) {
>                 *q++ = *p++;     /* Ignore control codes.  --HN [98/09/08] */
>               } else {
>
> If I understand / remember right, that extra check from Henry was not
> meant to be included in the mainstream code; and there already is a
> function SafeHTUnEscape() in LYMail.c that takes care of what his original

For sure; I'm puzzled how it got in there.  *IF* (and Klaus indicated that
there may be instances when you would not want to do what it is doing) it is
included in the mainstream, then the SafeHTUnEscape() should be taken out.
If some people really do want it, then some kind of compile time toggle
might be appropriate with SafeHTUnEscape() as the default.

I continue to use my method _only_ for the binary I use for public access.

__Henry