Re: lynx-dev LYNX: NEAT IDEA: user can had his OWN words to pg-title (fo

From: Natasha Live
Subject: Re: lynx-dev LYNX: NEAT IDEA: user can had his OWN words to pg-title (for hist, V, bkmrks, ...)
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 1999 21:54:32 +0000 (GMT)

On Tue, 7 Dec 1999, David Combs wrote:

> Lynx is SO cool, with the V cmd ("tree"), hist, bookmark-file you can egrep,
> etc.
>
> Would be really nice, thinking of the V (via tree) command, and wanting
> to cut-n-paste it back somewhere for future reference, if we
> could append OUR OWN "rating" of the page to the page-struct or
> whatever it's called in the sources.

Err, why would you want to do this unless you can keep these info across
sessions. Then again these would require a history to be kept. (didn't
someone mention a visited patch?)

> So that when we do a history or V, for instance, we can SEE
> or BE REMINDED of what we THOUGHT of that page.

Couldn't you use a specific bookmark to keep track this ?

> (If we do it twice, we could either append or replace our
> opinion?  Or maybe via "ones favorite editor"?  The result
> ending back up in the page-struct, thus showing up in
> FUTURE "V" commands, etc).
>
> David

||                              Natasha Live                                ||
||                Email : address@hidden                   ||
||              WWW : http://www.braecklein.freeserve.co.uk/                ||