Re: lynx-dev (again) "Alert: HTTP 1.1 404 not found"???

From: Natasha Live
Subject: Re: lynx-dev (again) "Alert: HTTP 1.1 404 not found"???
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 1999 20:18:56 +0000 (GMT)

On Mon, 6 Dec 1999, David Combs wrote:

> What does this msg mean?
> That it wants something that I (lynx) doesn't have?
> Thanks!
> David

This means that the page your are after doesn't exist.
Plan and simple, nothing to do with Lynx as such but it's an error message
sent from the WWW server at the other end.

If you have you're own website try asking for a page that you know doesn't
exist and you'll get the same message.

||                              Natasha Live                                ||
||                Email : address@hidden                   ||
||              WWW : http://www.braecklein.freeserve.co.uk/                ||