Re: lynx-dev make sense?

From: Leonid Pauzner
Subject: Re: lynx-dev make sense?
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1999 01:37:50 +0300 (MSK)

9-Dec-99 14:38 T.E.Dickey wrote:

>> Does the paragraph below make sense?
>>

>> The release number (rel.1 vs. rel.3) is indicative of changes made by the
>> makers of our operating system. They have failed to update the version
>> number in their latest release of Lynx 2.8.2. To avoid any confusion with
>> this, however, we have now removed this information from the options
>> screen, so no specific release information is mentioned.

> who are "they"?

> (removing the version number is likely to increase confusion).
sure.

BTW, there is no such lynx version as 2.8.2rel.3 - the latest release is
2.8.2rel.1 and we have several fixes for it, the latest is "fix3" but it
does not change the version number in userdefs.h

Looking more closely, I was found that the release page have no valid
patch/ directory (thanks, we have ftp mirror), it also no shown at the
current/ page where 2.8.2rel.1 also available for download.