Re: writing html in Shift_JIS (was: Re: lynx-dev Re: 283dev15 for Win32)

From: Henry Nelson
Subject: Re: writing html in Shift_JIS (was: Re: lynx-dev Re: 283dev15 for Win32)
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1999 11:04:29 +0900 (JST)

> > frontend).  BTW, were you able to read the final "na" of "katakana?"
[...]
> I couldn't find the last "na", which seemed to be dropped.
> # I'm sorry this is not concerned with Lynx.

In as much as a huge chunk of code sits in Lynx specific to CJK, it is
not totally unconcerned with Lynx.  Especially with someone with your
English ability, I thought it was worth pursuing since others might get
hints.  The lost "na," AFAICT, was dropped as a result of the ka=>ga,
shall we say fortuitous :), conversion.  The additional ``"'', changed
the string to an odd number of one-byte characters.  It's probably due
to my inaptitude in setting up my term/locale/mail/etc. environment, but
I have never been able to "correctly" display an odd number of them.

> I would do so if I had enough time and skills...

Time, I'll believe you.  Skills, I have seen your work and *know* you
have them.  Grateful for anything you can do.

__Henry