Re: lynx-dev how patch affects...

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev how patch affects...
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1999 07:11:58 -0600 (CST)

On Fri, 10 Dec 1999, Mark Papsun wrote:

> The default for HTML error recovery is SortaSGML.
>
> If a webmaster changes the preferences to TagSoup and then installs a
> patch, will TagSoup remain the preference?

I think you don't mean "webmaster"; you mean the administrator of
a multi-user system.  They are rarely the same.

The answer to your question depends on the patch.  The system-wide
default for SortaSGML/TagSoup is stored in the lynx.cfg file.
If the "patching" changes or replaces that file, then the default
may revert back to the SortaSGML.  But if a sysadmin has customized
the lynx.cfg for changing some defaults, he should be clever enough
to make a copy of the changed file.

I don't know whether you mean strictly a "patch" (i.e. a diff file),
or another form of upgrade.

   Klaus