Re: lynx-dev how patch affects...

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev how patch affects...
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1999 08:12:39 -0600 (CST)

[ please use the lynx-dev address ]

On Fri, 10 Dec 1999, Mark Papsun wrote:

> Thanks for your help.
>
> I speaking of the 2.8.2rel.1-fix2 tarballs.

Are there any 2.8.2rel.1-fix2 *tarballs*?  In other words, .tar.gz
files?

I think not, there are only separate .patch or .patch.gz files on
the sol.slcc.edu site.  Unfortunately, access to the "Bug fixes"
directory there currently doesn't work right.  I can't find a fix2
on the ftp site either.

> > If the "patching" changes or replaces that file, then the default
> > may revert back to the SortaSGML.
>
> Do you know if rel.1-fix2 is known for doing this?

I can't check now whether it changes lynx.cfg (see above).

But I really don't know exactly what you mean.  Are you talking about
a .tar.gz or a .zip or about a .patch.gz or some other form of file
that calls itself 2.8.2rel.1-fix2, and where did you get it.
Someone may have packaged up 2.8.2rel.1 with some fixes applied and
named the resulting package that way.  It wouldn't be a patch, it
would be the full lynx code.

   Klaus