Re: lynx-dev libreadline

From: Vlad Harchev
Subject: Re: lynx-dev libreadline
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 1999 19:34:04 +0400 (SAMT)

On Sun, 12 Dec 1999, brian j pardy wrote:

> On Sat, Dec 11, 1999, Klaus Weide wrote:
>[...]
>
> Is there anything in Lynx to mimic output to /dev/null for non-UNIX?
>
> I'd rather not do an if(!unix && writefile != /dev/null) writecookies;
> sort of thing -- has anyone solved this problem before?

 Cygwin and DJGPP support "/dev/null" as filename. For other windows builds
(that don't use Cygwin) of course NULL could be used - this means that we
 should define  NULL_FILE_NAME to be the name of NULL device and usef it. As
for VMS, OS/2 Mac, I don't know - but may be using illegal file descriptor
(that doesn't correspond to opened file) could solve the problem. Using
wrappers could also solve the problem, like this:
 typedef struct _LYFILE
 {
        FILE* f;
        BOOL is_null;
 } LYFILE;
 int LYfread(char* buf,int size,int nmemb,LYFILE*);

 Best regards,
  -Vlad