Re: lynx-dev Re: Lynx interprets <a/> as </a>?

From: David Woolley
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Re: Lynx interprets <a/> as </a>?
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 1999 23:55:15 +0000 (GMT)

> The current modes apparently require the --> closing, unless
> I'm missing something...? (Lynx 2.8.2. rel. 1)

Assuming this hasn't changed since 2.7.2, in its most valid comments
mode, Lynx requires >, following a correctly balanced -- and optional
white space.  I presume that dropping out of end_comment state is
error recovery for the, obviously invalid, case of non-whitespace
characters in this context.  (It might also be a  failure to make the
code conditional on minimal mode.)

To cope with your broken comments, you need historical mode, in which
the > unconditionally terminates the comment.