lynx-dev Screen font with Win32 lynx (Was: blank subject line)

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: lynx-dev Screen font with Win32 lynx (Was: blank subject line)
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1999 07:55:44 -0800 (PST)

On Sun, 12 Dec 1999, Kevin Collier wrote:

> the right place.  I have noticed after I run a DOS program called YMARK2000,
> my lynx program (which I really think is wonderful!) when clicked to full
> screen afterward looks much different. there has to be a simple explanation.
> but when I click to full screen the font has decreased in size and the web
> page has much more information--meaning much more text is on the page.
> anyway, when i reboot the font increases as they originally were and i have
> to do much more space-barring to get through a page.  there must be some way
> to adjust the size of the page and font, but like I have said I am very wet
> behind the ears.  I would be very thankful for any explanation. I run
> version 2.8.2.  and my platform is win 98.  if you would like anymore info,
> please don't hesitate.

I think you came to the right place. You are more likely to get
messages. You also seem to have Outlook configured to send html mail.
You should change the default to plain text.

It is hard to tell what is happening from your description. There are
several different binaries of lynx for Win32. Is this one that you
got from the fdisk site, or elsewhere. When you type "lynx -version",
or type "=" from within lynx, what is the exact version that you see
(i.e., is there a .dev# or .rel# there)? It sounds as if your program
"YMARK2000" is changing the default DOS screen mode. How to change
this probably depends on the exact video card that you have installed.
It may require a utility program that comes with your video card.
"YMARK2000" is not a common DOS program. If you need more help, please
let us know the exact lynx version (and where it was obtained), the
video card installed, and a URL for "YMARK2000". Also let us know the
contents of the lynx.bat from which you run lynx.
                             Doug
__
Doug Kaufman
Internet: address@hidden