Re: lynx-dev new capability?

From: Mark Papsun
Subject: Re: lynx-dev new capability?
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1999 09:55:05 -0500 (EST)

Mark wrote:
I've been using Lynx since mid-1996. If I recall correctly, the earlier
versions of Lynx weren't capable of interpreting the below address. Lynx
seemed not to like question marks, equal signs, .dll, etc. in the address.

   http://cgi3.ebay.com/aw-cgi/ebayISAPI.dll?ChangeEmailConfirm

Today when I used the above address, it worked fine. When did this become
possible?  (or am I just remembering incorrectly?)

> On Tue, 14 Dec 1999, T.E.Dickey wrote:
> you may not have quoted the address, so your shell tried to expand the
> question marks.

Why would you say something like that?  I keyed in the address exactly as
worded above.