Re: lynx-dev a mailto being shown as a link??

From: mattack
Subject: Re: lynx-dev a mailto being shown as a link??
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1999 15:12:24 -0800 (PST)

On Tue, 14 Dec 1999, Collin Forbes wrote:
>On Tue, 14 Dec 1999 address@hidden wrote:
>
>> -> Should be a mailto..  and from my limited knowledge of HTML, it is
>> showing up as a mailto in the source.
>
>It's broken for Netscape as well.
>
>The cause is a badly formed anchor.  It's <a href mailto...> rather than <a
>href="mailto...">.
>
>So the browser (Lynx, Netscape, whatever) uses the effectively empty anchor
>to make a link to the current page.

Ok, here's another one.

On the main page, http://www.tvhost.com, there is text that talks
about the FAQ.

I originally complained that they should put a link to the FAQ there
rather than links hidden in lower pages.

But it really IS a link to the FAQ.  It just doesn't show up as a link
in Lynx.

It does show up as a link in iCab (www.icab.de, the only cool GUI browser I've
used), links, and w3m, though with w3m, not all of the "link text" (the whole
paragraph) is hilighted.