Re: lynx-dev dev.16 patch 6 - Management of User Interface Pages; TRS

From: Leonid Pauzner
Subject: Re: lynx-dev dev.16 patch 6 - Management of User Interface Pages; TRST fix
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 05:23:39 +0300 (MSK)

15-Dec-99 09:56 Henry Nelson wrote:
>> * Now check directly in postoptions() whether the loaded document is one
>>   from which submission of option changes can be accepted, using the new
>>   tracking mechanism.  Only the form-based Options Menu and Visited Links
>                                                               ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>>   are allowed.  Relying on a good random generator to prevent spoofing is

> Would someone remind me why Visited Links had to be allowed?  It *seems*
> preferable to not have the Options Menu show up there.

Perhaps you have not visited "Visited Links":)
in recent dev.XX - it now have a tree-like presentation
and switch for layout type near the top.
This choice also available via forms-based options menu.

Unfortunately this item is not saved in .lynxrc
which is a pain: I do not like the new presentation
but could not switch back permanently.
IMHO, reverse historical order is rather intuitive
when I need a near history (2-3-4)
while the tree-like presentation may be useful for
pages deep in history [but it looks ugly anyway
since the display size is limited: many links
does not fit into one line, and we need scrolling
up and down to look around - it was only one direction
previously].