Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.3dev.17

From: Henry Nelson
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.3dev.17
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 22:28:34 +0900 (JST)

> I've a handful of configuration/porting issues, but would like to make the
> next patch a pre-release.  That would incorporate only bug-fixes...

Any chance of putting a short hold until the Visited Page discussion comes
to some conclusion?

> * now check directly in postoptions() whether the loaded document is one from
>   which submission of option changes can be accepted, using the new tracking
>   mechanism.  Only the form-based Options Menu and Visited Links are allowed.

I am "uncomfortable" with starting a trend in proliferating the code with
calls to postoptions(); someone is going to forget something sometime.  It
doesn't seem all that hard to hit 'o'.

I also question even the need to have the "tree style" as a runtime option.
It seems sort of like a general preference to me, and not something that
one's going to want to change half a dozen times in one lynx session.  How
about lynx.cfg?

Was there a compile-time option to drop it?  Like other EXP_ "features,"
it ought to have one round off-by-default until the clamoring multitudes
ask for it.

__Henry