lynx-dev unvisited Visited Links

From: Philip Webb
Subject: lynx-dev unvisited Visited Links
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 15:39:18 -0500 (EST)

991215 Henry Nelson protested:
>> now check directly in postoptions() whether the loaded document is one
>> from which submission of option changes can be accepted,
>> using the new tracking mechanism.
>> Only the form-based Options Menu and Visited Links are allowed.
> I am "uncomfortable" with starting a trend in proliferating the code
> with calls to postoptions(); someone is going to forget something sometime.
> It doesn't seem all that hard to hit 'o'.

i don't recompile Lynx with each development version (too time-consuming),
but if the Visited Links page now contains an option change,
i would like to record my protest too: it should be in the Options Menu.

> I also question the need to have the "tree style" as a runtime option.

if the Visited Links page has been re-shaped to be more complex
or to have the links listed in straight a/a reverse order of date,
i would like to record another protest.

what i would like to see is an option to have Visited Links preserved
on exit from Lynx, written to a file of the user's choice:
i do it by hand, renaming the file in  $HOME/tmp ,
but other users may not know about that or find it so easy to do.