Re: lynx-dev unvisited Visited Links

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: lynx-dev unvisited Visited Links
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 07:16:08 -0500 (EST)

On Beethoven's birthday, Leonid Pauzner wrote:
> 15-Dec-99 15:39 Philip Webb wrote:
>> what i would like to see is an option to have Visited Links preserved
>> on exit from Lynx, written to a file of the user's choice:
> If you mean just static html file - you can do it yourself
> by 'v' to "Visited Links page", than 'backspace' for "History Page",
> then 'd'ownload this file locally.

yes, that's one way, perhaps more straightforward than mine,
tho' the average user would have to stop to think it out.

> If you mean keeping Visited Links persistent across sessions
> and continue to grow - that is another (not implemented yet) feature,
> seems RP made a patch with database calls, I have not tryed it though.

that's not what i had in mind: it can already get very long
even during one Screen session lasting a few weeks.

my point is that it's easy to lose your Visited Links when Lynx exits,
if you haven't thought to save it somehow beforehand:
what i suggest above would automate the process in a simple manner.