Re: lynx-dev Lynx and Virtual Hosts

From: Peter Castine
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Lynx and Virtual Hosts
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 09:30:54 +0100

On around 16­12­1999 5:29, Daniel Dawson, quoting Doug Kaufman, said
something like:

>> Using lynx2.8.3dev.6 and lynx2.8.3dev.8, no problem accessing
>
>> compiled on the machine I am on now. What version of lynx gave the
>> problem?
>
>Our local library uses version 2.4 in a dial-up service. When I was using
>it I once experienced the
>same problem Mr. Castine described (i.e. with virtual hosts, using
>canonical hostname). Just thought
>that would be of some help.

It appears the Lynxes at my immediate disposal are:

>Lynx Version 2-4-2
>(c)1995 University of Kansas

and

>Lynx Version 2.2
>(c)1994 University of Kansas

These are obviously old, but updating decisions are made by others on the
relevant machines. This will also be a problem for people trying to visit
my site (that they will be dependent upon sysadmins who may have
priorities other than updating Lynx). At least it's nice to have
confirmation that this a problem with older versions, and not just me
being incompetent.

Thanks to all for your help,

Peter

----------------- http://www.prz.tu-berlin.de/~pcastine/ -----------------
Dr. Peter Castine          | The World-Wide Web Site of the 26th
4-15 Music & Technology    | International Computer Music Conference is