Re: lynx-dev Lynx and Virtual Hosts

From: Peter Castine
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Lynx and Virtual Hosts
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 23:48:51 +0100

On around 16­12­1999 16:46, Klaus Weide said something like:

>Well whoever hosts http://www.icmc2000.org/ has an old version of
>Apache (Apache/1.1.1), and has that misconfigured (I don't think
>it's intended to return "/error.html" as the only content of a text/html
>error message).  So good luck.

The ISP is listed at the bottom of every page on the site. That's what
they get for sponsoring our WWW presence... And I have no control (and
very little influence) on how they configure the current machine.

We should be moving a dedicated box into the ISP's machine room next
week. I will have a lot more direct control over this machine (not to
mention that I find WebStar a little easier to configure than Apache:-)
It'll be interesting to see how it gets on with Lynx.

Thanks to everyone for the help! And for all of you interested in
computer music... look forward to seeing you in Berlin next year!-)

Peter

----------------- http://www.prz.tu-berlin.de/~pcastine/ -----------------
Dr. Peter Castine          | The World-Wide Web Site of the 26th
4-15 Music & Technology    | International Computer Music Conference is