Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.3dev.17

From: Henry Nelson
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.3dev.17
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 1999 13:54:24 +0900 (JST)

> > I also am very much opposed to allowing the Visited Page posting (writing
> > to disk) privileges.
[...]
> NO NO NO!!!.  Please DO allow writing the Visited Page to disk!

Not the Visited Page itself, the _style_ of the Visited Page to _.lynxrc_.
I am saying only the form-based Options Menu should be allowed to use the
post function to write to .lynxrc.

> No one but the USER knows WHY he/she would want to
> keep that "documentation of what I did in this run of lynx"

According to the users needs, the Visited Links Page could be P)rinted,
D)ownloaded, A)saved to a bookmark page, or do an E)xternal, AND all
of the countless operations that could be done with those actions.

> lynx started out (I think) as a unix tool, or at least under
> the unix philosophy of producing tools that let the user
> do whatever he/she WANTS to do.

A multi-user system must police the individual user.  Just can't rely
on _everyone_ being a good citizen.

> My opinion: let ANY lynx-page be written to disk!

My answer: use P)rint or D)ownload, or even E)dit if that is convenient.

__Henry