Re: lynx-dev Lynx with lss, and reloading options

From: Leonid Pauzner
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Lynx with lss, and reloading options
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 1999 16:50:27 +0300 (MSK)

16-Dec-99 22:06 Frederic L. W. Meunier wrote:
> "Leonid Pauzner" <address@hidden> wrote:

>> very strange: NNTPSERVER exported into environment and
>> environment variables reloaded OK on my system. What is the
>> problem in your case?

> I edited ~/lynx.cfg, and uncommented the line NTTPSERVER, but
> forgot to put my NNTPSERVER. When I tried to open a server...
(*)
> it of course used the example that's in lynx.cfg. I edited my
> lynx.cfg, and put the right NNTPSERVER. But it doesn't work
> here when I reload the settings (tested with 2.8.3.dev16). I
(**)
> don't export NNTPSERVER, just set it in my lynx.cfg. Maybe the
> problem? But if Lynx is able to set it, I don't understand why
> it's not able to reload it after you edit lynx.cfg. Missing
> something?

I assume you are at the LYNXCFG:/ page.
Does output changed after reloading (LYNXCFG://reload/)?

Not recognized options are ignored, NTTPSERVER in your case (*).

In the (**) case NNTPSERVER line should be seen at LYNXCFG:/ page,
and will be exported into environment (try '!' to open shell and run
'set' command).

If you see NNTPSERVER at LYNXCFG:/ page *but* it is not exported into
environment, please let us note. Probably Tom or others will look into.
Don't forget to note what platform are you using.