Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.3dev.17

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.3dev.17
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 1999 07:48:19 -0600 (CST)

On Fri, 17 Dec 1999, Klaus Weide wrote:

> > On Thu, 16 Dec 1999, Henry Nelson wrote:
> >
> > > Why the need for all the duplication?  PLEASE DON'T add a lynx.cfg option
> > > if
> > > you're not willing to remove the .lynxrc one.
>
> Henry, are you trying to sneak in some kind of new policy here??

I apologise for this formulation, it wasn't called for.  Henry didn't try
to sneak something in, he just stated his opinion.

I still maintain that
 - .lynxrc configuration does not make a lynx.cfg option unnecessary,
   nor the reverse;
   and that
 - taking that view is contrary to established (although not entirely
   consistent) practice.

I don't know any *good* reasons for such a change in practice.

I do know that I want to be able to turn OFF that Visited Links tree-stuff
at the lynx.cfg level.  No .lynxrc should be required to get rid of that
annoying change.

   Klaus