Re: lynx-dev "hanging" after d)ownloading large file

From: Leonid Pauzner
Subject: Re: lynx-dev "hanging" after d)ownloading large file
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 1999 21:17:08 +0300 (MSK)

18-Dec-99 06:07 Klaus Weide wrote:
> On Fri, 17 Dec 1999, Vlad Harchev wrote:

>> I have extended read progress status enabled, and
>> for some sites lynx "handgs" when getting the page (as a result of normal
>> link
>> activation) - the read status shown is like
>>      Read 2345 of 2345
>> - ie all content is read,

> No it doesn't mean that.  Not reliably, not for HTTP.
Perhaps "Read 2345 of 2345" was a wrong citation from memory (trace log
may be useful).

>> but seems that remote server didn't close
I saw this once: lynx shows "Read XXX KB" status and "hang", than I
press 'Z' and got the output of ~10 lines. That was a page generated by
cgi script (perhaps script was not exited and STDOUT was not closed in a
right place).