Re: lynx-dev Linux question

From: Natasha Live
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Linux question
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 1999 23:48:17 +0000 (GMT)

On Sun, 19 Dec 1999, Leonid Pauzner wrote:

> Perhaps someone on the list can help me with the folowing situation:
>
> I want to pass through several pages with forms heavy overloaded by
> JavaScript code. Forms action POST. No SSL.
>
> I need to automate this procedure to get the result page via perl
> script. The simplest way seems to pass through manually using Netscape
> and capture HTTP traffic, than figure out which HTTP requests were sent,
> do some reverse engineering if necessary and submit the requests with
> perl. The question is how to capture the traffic? This seems to be a
> proxy job but I have not figured out how to to this. My system is Linux.
>
> Leonid.

I use a proxy program called wwwoffle on my Linux box. It's mainly a
dial-up proxy system and due to this it keeps a copy of all traffic that
goes through it (http and ftp only). You just have to :

lynx http://localhost:8080/

to get at all the info. Or just use it as any other proxy. Remember to set
up Netscape and lynx to use 127.0.0.1:8080 for your http_proxy &
ftp_proxy.

Get a copy from <URL:http://www.gedanken.demon.co.uk/wwwoffle/>

Plus they have a great version of mine sweeper (using squares, hexagons or
triangles) called XBomb.

||                              Natasha Live                                ||
||                Email : address@hidden                   ||
||              WWW : http://www.braecklein.freeserve.co.uk/                ||