lynx-dev Not a Lynx question, but...

From: Eduardo Chappa L.
Subject: lynx-dev Not a Lynx question, but...
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 1999 10:59:24 -0800 (PST)

Dear Lynx Developers,

  This is not a lynx question, but I hope someone in this list can tell me
where to find the answer. The reason i am posting here is because I
noticed the problem trying to use lynx.

  I Downloaded a copy of lynx and copied it in to another computer which
uses windows 95, there are two installed modems in that computer and 2 ISP
(one of them aol). If I open lynx to read a local file (like its help) I
do not have any problem, so lynx is installed correctly, and most
importantly it works. No problem there, the problem arises when I point
lynx to open a link outside the computer (say cnn.com). Even if the
internet connection is opened (not aol), lynx does not find the internet
connection opened and hangs forever, it does not seem to timeout.
Applications like telnet or ftp have the same problem. No program seems to
find the internet connection. Does anyone from this symptoms know what the
problem is or can tell me how/where to find the answer. To make it more
interesting AOL seems to work, except by the browser. If it were my
decision I would forget AOL, but it's not, so I want to make this work
with aol installed there, but I want to be able to use the other ISP for
lynx, and that does not seem possible.

  Any suggestions?, Thanks.

Eduardo
http://www.math.washington.edu/~chappa/personal.html