Re: lynx-dev Options, V.Links, random (was: patch 6 - UI Pages)

From: Duncan Simpson
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Options, V.Links, random (was: patch 6 - UI Pages)
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 16:25:46 +0000

As for a decent random number you could think of probing for /dev/random. At
least linux and FreeBSD have such a device and is pretty good (MD4 of
various kernel tables and interupt counts on Linux, I think). Standard rando
number generators are easy target given a few sample values.

I peronsally take the view that exploits like the one this idea is attempting
to prevent should be stopped at source instead: detect the evil move and deny
it. Anything less will be exploited by those with the right clues given a
moderate amount of time.
--
Duncan (-:
"software industry, the: unique industry where selling substandard goods is