Re: lynx-dev QUESTION

From: James Phillips
Subject: Re: lynx-dev QUESTION
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 1999 07:29:52 -0800 (PST)

--- BERNARD SCHWEITZER <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Thanks you to have created Lynx! Lynx is very easy to use for blinds. It's
> also so hard to find programs running under DOS!
>
> I have a problem to connect me on two sites.
>
> I use Lynx 2.8.2. When I connect me to www.avertlabs.com, a link appears
> with another address. I press ENTER. After a little moment, I see the
> following message:
>
> Read 16384 bytes of data,
>
> followed by speed. When I wait ten minutes, I always see the same message.
> The first (of two) pages is displayed, and I can do anything. I must abort
> connection.
>
> The second site is download.mcafee.com. When I try to connect me, I always
> see the same message:
>
> HTTP request sent; waiting for response.

Both links work under the win32 version of LYNX 2.8.2
Have you tried again later, to see if the problem is temporary?

> I know that Network Associates have made changes to those sites, and I
> suspect that there's an incompatibility beetween Lynx and those sites.
>
> I would like to ask you something else. DOS versions of Lynx can't be used
> to make FTP connection. I know that it's possible to define, in LYNX.CFG,
> a FTP_PROXY setting, but my provider has now no PROXY that can be
> configured. It only has an automatically and transparent PROCY, that don't
> allow me to use LYNX to make FTP connexion. Do it exist a solution for me?
Don't know. Workarounds: third party ftp program; or Use a terminal program
to access your ISP's version of LYNX and download using zmodem or kermit.
> Thnks for your answer!
> BERNARD SCHWEITZER
> BERNARD SCHWEITZER

=====
James Phillips
***Search the web up to 5x faster using the LYNX browser***
DOS/Win32: http://www.fdisk.com/doslynx/lynxport.html
other ports: http://lynx.browser.org