lynx-dev can't interrupt "LIST" command

From: Bela Lubkin
Subject: lynx-dev can't interrupt "LIST" command
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 1999 10:23:18 -0800

[Hi, everyone.  I've been off the list for several months because the
listserv software won't subscribe me as "address@hidden", claims
that the subscription request will be reviewed by a human, but that
human is apparently asleep at the wheel.

Anyway...]

Using Lynx 2.8.3dev.9, which I realize is a bit out of date.  Tell me if
this has already been fixed...

I'm looking at a page that has about 48000 links on it.  I hit the 'L' =
"LIST" command, just out of curiousity.  Lynx handles it very well
(process grows to 27MB in core, gets progressively slower, but doesn't
fail).  However, I get bored with watching the growth of the temp file
from another window, and try to abort out.  Lynx ignores both 'z' and
'^G' = "INTERRUPT" keys.  I get to wait about 10 minutes for it to
finish writing its temp file; *then* it processes the pending interrupt
and only shows me the first page or so of the List Page.

(And then I hit '^R' = "RELOAD", and I'm still waiting for that to
finish.  Silly me.  Process is up to 51MB in size and has only read
about half of the 14MB file ... looks like it's actually going to push
my 128MB system to start swapping before it finishes...)

So anyway, it seems that "LIST" should have an explicit user interrupt
check -- maybe once every hundred links or so.

(update: it's now 12MB into the 14MB temp file, process is 74MB, and
still plugging along.  wheee!)