Re: lynx-dev reading sjis docs [was Re: lynxcgi problem]

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev reading sjis docs [was Re: lynxcgi problem]
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 1999 21:10:01 -0600 (CST)

On Tue, 28 Dec 1999, Hataguchi Takeshi wrote:
> Your script uses backquote, which command.com doesn't support.
> Consulting with your script, I tried to write a batch file like below.
> Though I don't have a Win32 version which is enabled to use lynxcgi,
> I tried it under Cygwin and found it works.

Isn't it possible to set up Cygwin so that it used bash instead of
command.com for system()?

Anyway, it's amazing to see a DOS batch file work under lynxcgi.

> echo %QUERY_STRING% | sed 's/\/sj//' | xargs lynx -source | nkf -Se

Could you please explain to the ignorant (me) what nkf -Se does?

 1) convert Sift-JIS to EUC (or the other way?) ?
 2) covert halfwidth to fullwidth characters?
 3) both?
 4) something else?

   Klaus