Re: lynx-dev reading sjis docs [was Re: lynxcgi problem]

From: Hiroyuki Senshu
Subject: Re: lynx-dev reading sjis docs [was Re: lynxcgi problem]
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 1999 12:45:19 +0900

Klaus Weide wrote:
>Date: Thu, 30 Dec 1999 21:10:01 -0600 (CST)
>From: Klaus Weide <address@hidden>
>To: address@hidden
>Subject: Re: lynx-dev reading sjis docs [was Re: lynxcgi problem]
>
>On Tue, 28 Dec 1999, Hataguchi Takeshi wrote:
>> Your script uses backquote, which command.com doesn't support.
>> Consulting with your script, I tried to write a batch file like below.
>> Though I don't have a Win32 version which is enabled to use lynxcgi,
>> I tried it under Cygwin and found it works.
>
>Isn't it possible to set up Cygwin so that it used bash instead of
>command.com for system()?
>
>Anyway, it's amazing to see a DOS batch file work under lynxcgi.
>
>> echo %QUERY_STRING% | sed 's/\/sj//' | xargs lynx -source | nkf -Se
>
>Could you please explain to the ignorant (me) what nkf -Se does?
>
> 1) convert Sift-JIS to EUC (or the other way?) ?
> 2) covert halfwidth to fullwidth characters?
> 3) both?
> 4) something else?
>
>   Klaus

nkf is 'Network Kanji Filter'.

nkf -Se ---> input code = shift_jis, output code = euc

nkf options:

USAGE:  nkf -[flags] [in file] .. [out file for -O flag]
Flags:
b,u      Output is bufferred (DEFAULT),Output is unbufferred
j,s,e    Output code is JIS 7 bit (DEFAULT), Shift JIS, AT&T JIS (EUC)
J,S,E    Input assumption is JIS 7 bit , Shift JIS, AT&T JIS (EUC)
t        no conversion
i_       Output sequence to designate JIS-kanji (DEFAULT B)
o_       Output sequence to designate ASCII (DEFAULT B)
r        {de/en}crypt ROT13/47
v        Show this usage
m[BQ]    MIME decode [B:base64 stream,Q:quoted stream]
l        ISO8859-1 (Latin-1) support
f        Folding: -f60 or -f
Z[0-2]   Convert X0208 alphabet to ASCII  1: Kankaku to space,2: 2 spaces
X,x      Assume X0201 kana in MS-Kanji, -x preserves X0201
B[0-2]   Broken input  0: missing ESC,1: any X on ESC-[($]-X,2: ASCII on NL
T        Text mode output
O        Output to File (DEFAULT 'nkf.out')
d,c      Delete \r in line feed, Add \r in line feed

--
Shonai College of Industry and Technology.
Electronics and Computer Infomation Course.