Re: lynx-dev Re: Lynx .IDE file for Borland C ++

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Re: Lynx .IDE file for Borland C ++
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 100 05:24:22 -0500 (EST)

> I have read the readme.txt files, and tried to compile in accordance with
> what it states--  I have tried to do similar to what you have  But when I
> try to compile using the makefile.bcb, I get the following error:
>
> Fatal: '../curses/zlib.lib' does not exist - don't know how to make it.

that's the first dependency (is zlib.lib in ..\curses, or a subdirectory ?)

> But the zlib.lib is there.  So I don't know why it can't find it.
>
> However, I suspect that there might be some non ANSI chars in the .bcb
> file which could be causing the problem -- had this sort of thing before.
> So I put it through a filtering program to filter out any non text chars.
>

> Now when I try to compile using the filted version of the makefile.bcb, I
> get the following error:
>
> Error makefile.bcb 177: Command syntax error
> *** 1 errors during make ***

line 177 is a comment-line following what looks like a normal command-line.
(perhaps your make-program does not like the tab on that line: other command
lines in the makefile.bcb do not have a tab).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden