Re: lynx-dev problem with -post_data

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev problem with -post_data
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2000 07:14:11 -0600 (CST)

On Wed, 5 Jan 2000, Vieri Di_paola wrote:

> What do you mean by submitting a small example by hand?

"Do whatever you did before to submit something with Lynx to the same
service, when you typed in the data-to-be-submitted into an interactive
form text area rather than taking it from a file."

If that doesn't apply then nevermind.

> Suppose my p.in must be in x-www-form-urlencoded format, what does this
> mean?

Write significant line ends as %13%10.
Replace significant spaces by + or %20.
Replace actual + characters (if any) by %2B.
Replace actual % characters (if any) by %25.

And so on, if there are more characters that need escaping: use
their ASCII hex values as above.

> How should I post it?

As before, presumably.

> Are there any Lynx command line arguments that
> I'm overlooking?

I don't know of any.

> Unfortunately I can't access the archives because my dumb university won't
> allow me to go to "non-educational" sites (i.e. "non-university" sites).

That's silly.

   Klaus