Re: lynx-dev Firewall Lynx Source Code

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Firewall Lynx Source Code
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2000 07:44:54 -0600 (CST)

On Wed, 5 Jan 2000, Vieri Di_paola wrote:

> I would greatly appreciate it if you could point out to me the bare
> minimum I need from the Lynx source code to make the attached file
> rep_client.c firewall-capable. I would need to connect to the proxy:
> proxy.cli.di.unipi.it at port 8080.

You don't need anything "from the Lynx source" to change that program
so that it uses a proxy.  And it doesn't have anything to do with
"Firewall Lynx Source Code", really...

Say "proxy" if you mean an HTTP proxy.  Whatever else that "Firewall"
is or does (basically a marketing term), it's irrelevant.  (Unless
it isn't - in which case you have to talk to whoever runs it anyway.)

Replace
  #define ENGINE_HOST  "www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov"
  #define ENGINE_PORT  80
with
  #define PROXY_HOST  "proxy.cli.di.unipi.it"
  #define PROXY_PORT  8080

and then replace the ENGINE_* symbols with PROXY_* throughout.

Replace
   "POST /cgi-bin/BLAST/%s HTTP/1.0\n"
with
   "POST http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/cgi-bin/BLAST/%s HTTP/1.0\n"

That should be all.  Or not - I may have overlooked something.
Or that proxy rejects your request for some silly reason.

    Klaus