Re: listelves Re: lynx-dev Lynx-dev archives on FLORA.

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: listelves Re: lynx-dev Lynx-dev archives on FLORA.
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2000 14:47:02 -0600 (CST)

On Wed, 5 Jan 2000, Russell McOrmond wrote:

>   I don't think anyone can suggest that this was 'without need' ;-)

Well, certainly a fix was needed for 2000, but the bulk renaming of
previous archives was not really necessary. :) :)

Of course, it's your server and you should be able to organize the
contents as you think best.  You have been providing a reliable service
for lynx-dev for years, so reliable that we have come to take it for
granted... perhaps too much.   (Is any other place archiving the list,
or do we completely depend on FLORA for perservation of the history?)

> The plan:  Create a /lynx-dev/ specific error-document which will point to
> /lynx-dev/index.phtml  - the beginning of this script can check to see if
> the old location was in fact an old named directory and do a redirect.
>
>   If anyone else has the time and PHP experience, let me know and I can
> just add the Apache directives and let them write the quick PHP.

I hope someone will - I don't have the PHP experience.
But in the meantime, could you please use the following
(or something similar)

<Location /lynx-dev/html/>
RedirectMatch permanent ^/lynx-dev/html/month([01][0-9])9([6-9]/.*)
/lynx-dev/html/month$1199$2
</Location>

I've actually tested it a bit on a local Apache/1.3.3 (wasn't quite
sure about the regex syntax and $1followedbydigits, this works for me).

   Klaus