Re: lynx-dev Re: external mail programs

From: Vlad Harchev
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Re: external mail programs
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2000 16:55:46 +0400 (SAMT)

On Thu, 6 Jan 2000, Eduardo Chappa L. wrote:

>[...]
> Dear Klaus,
>
>   I do understand that this feature in lynx improves it, I can not imagine
> how in the world could lynx be worse with it. I wish we were talking about
> how to implement it, and not if we are going to implement it. You see, I
> think that in this world there would be so many people that would
> beneficiate of having this feature that a big opposition of few people
> should not prevail. I wish everyone gave an opinion about this, so as to
> have an idea about the desirability of this feature.
>
> Eduardo
> http://www.math.washington.edu/~chappa/personal.html

 I perfer ability to configure things (the program to compose mail in our
example).
 But I think quick dirty hack could be useful (and could be a solution):
new lynx.cfg option USE_EXTERNAL_FOR_MAILTO:TRUE
 When TRUE, 'enter' on mailto URL will have effect of pressing '.' on it.

 May be some extented handling of EXTERNAL command would be required for
 mailto: URLs - additional substitutions in commandline, etc.

 Best regards,
  -Vlad