Re: lynx-dev lynx on aix4.3

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx on aix4.3
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 100 13:48:52 -0500 (EST)

> I don't know whether this answers your question, but I have tried to
> cancel all the lines
>
> #include <arpa/inet.h>
>
> in the file    configure    (there were three of them) and nothing has
> changed: I got the same configuration error. Then I've done the same with
> aclocal.m4 (and then re-run ./configure) but still nothing new has
> happened.
>
> Should I try to cancel similar lines in some other file?

no - I'll lookup the change to see if I can spot whether the problem that
was being fixed would be an issue here.

but as Klaus indicated, the underlying problem seems to be that your
machine has a nonstandard version of the inet.h (and related files) under
/usr/local/include

(there's a design flaw in gcc that makes it look in /usr/local/include
first; on many platforms you cannot reliably compile with gcc by putting a
-I/usr/include explicitly).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden