Re: lynx-dev Re: Lynx .IDE file for Borland C ++

From: Vlad Harchev
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Re: Lynx .IDE file for Borland C ++
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2000 17:44:15 +0400 (SAMT)

On Sat, 8 Jan 2000, Mike Bledig wrote:

> Ok, I did as suggested by Vlad, I hid the code fragment, and
> removed -DDUS_ZLIB.
>
> Guess what? it works! it compiles, and links! yea! :-) but problem!!!
>
> What functionality have I lost through doing all that?

  The code you hid was usable for Japanese text (and that code seemed to be a
nasty hack too).
  Undefining USE_ZLIB disallows you to read compressed html files
on the fly (not very useful for Windows users, IMO).

> That is of cause, not a proper fix?  That peace of code must do
> something?
>
> Also, I'm trying to create a .IDE file for use with the BC integrated
> environment.  I only have "5 errors" to get a rid of.  Now what I want
> to know is, how does one figure out in what order the sources
> should be compiled? is there a particular order?

  SRC/chartrans should be "made" first. After you've made headers there, there
is no particular order necessary.

> Also, I can't find a .H file: zutil.h mentioned by Vlad.

  It's zlib's header. Seems you've got precompiled (incorrectly) library for
BC, rather than compiled your own.

 Best regards,
  -Vlad