lynx-dev Re: Netscape 4.7 argument bug

From: Mixter
Subject: lynx-dev Re: Netscape 4.7 argument bug
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2000 14:48:04 +0100 (CET)

It seems that the netscape problem found by darkspyrit (oversized
arguments to CGI's via GET) might also be a vulnerability issue in
other browser software. For fun, I tried accessing the sample exploit
page at http://www.beavuh.org/nscape.htm
with lynx, and nothing happened, but when I tried saving the page
(default key 'p') to disk, it got a segv..
this happened using version 2.8.1pre.9

Here is a backtrace from the lynx core file:
(gdb) bt
#0  0x1ad811 in __kill ()
#1  0x1ad63f in raise (sig=6) at ../sysdeps/posix/raise.c:27
#2  0x1ae84f in abort () at ../sysdeps/generic/abort.c:83
#3  0x80602e8 in _start ()
#4  0xc0de0001 in ?? ()

address@hidden
http://1337.tsx.org