Re: lynx-dev dev.18 patch: USE_PRETTYSRC, lynx.cfg

From: rjp
Subject: Re: lynx-dev dev.18 patch: USE_PRETTYSRC, lynx.cfg
Date: Sun, 09 Jan 2000 12:21:37 +0000

In message <address@hidden>,
           Klaus Weide writes:
> It has become altogether too quiet in lynx.cfg.  We have to shake
> things up a bit, or users become too complacent.  Let's give them some
> syntactical surprises.  One name per option? - how boring!  Actually,
> let's make lynx.cfg look like perl, "there's more than one way to do
> it" and all.

Actually, embedding a Tcl/Guile/Perl interpreter would be good if Lynx
had the necessary internal structures (like DOM support).  You could do
some really cool things like page hooks that let you rewrite pages
without having to use an external proxy.

I suspect the amount of work vastly outweighs the benefits, though.
--
rob partington % address@hidden % http://lynx.browser.org/