Re: lynx-dev lynx and metamail

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx and metamail
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 100 08:27:40 -0500 (EST)

>  Hey folks,
> I would much appreciate it if you could give me a hand with the problem
> seem to be having.  I cannot start up lynx;  whenever I try,  whether
> giving a
> remote address or not, I get this message:
>
> metamail: Can't open temporary file!

perhaps it's trying to open the temporary file in a place where you don't
have permission. I would test that by running lynx under strace - though
the output will be large, searching for 'open' will yield a shorter list:

        strace -tfo foo.out lynx .

> Could you help me out?   I've looked at various web resources,
> but no one seems to mention metamail in the least.

probably: look in mailcap

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden