Re: lynx-dev Converting HTML to Text with Lynx

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Converting HTML to Text with Lynx
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2000 16:13:20 -0500

000110 John Powell wrote:
> On Mon, 10 Jan 2000, Philip Webb wrote:
>> 000109 John Powell wrote:
>>> Is there anyway to get LYNX (lynx -dump ...) to convert HTML to Text
>>> without putting in the [link] notations throughout the document
>> maybe he means link numbers,
>> which can be suppressed using  lynx.cfg  or the Options Menu.
> Yes that is what I mean.  I need the options
> for suppressing from the command line on a case by case basis
> (that is, not for the entire site) but not been able to figure it out.

you needn't copy lynx-dev items to me, as i'll see them anyway.
there have been a couple of suggestions to lynx-dev,
which you can find in the Archive at  www.flora.org/lynx-dev/ :
check there for those & others, if you don't want to subscribe.

it sounds as if you should suppress link numbers in  lynx.cfg ,
but read the other replies for more experienced information.