Re: lynx-dev slang 1.4 officially released (fwd)

From: Ismael Cordeiro
Subject: Re: lynx-dev slang 1.4 officially released (fwd)
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 07:49:34 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 10 Jan 2000, Klaus Weide wrote:

> On Sun, 9 Jan 2000, Ismael Cordeiro wrote:
>
> > By the way, the problem with colors 4, 5, 6 and 7 that are displayed but
> > also underlined was corrected when lynx is compiled with ncurses but not
> > when compiled with slang. Any possibility of giving a look into it?
>
> 1) As far as I know, this applies only to 4 and 5, but not 6 and 7, but I
>    haven't tested with slang recently. Are you sure?

You're right, it's 4 and 5 only as I reported in the message

http://www.flora.org/lynx-dev/html/month111999/msg00494.html

> 2) Why is this a problem?  It is intentional behavior, apparently.
>    It has been present since colors with slang were first added to lynx.

I don't remember if it was present since the beginning but I reported it last
november. Anyway, I can't believe it's intentional. It makes the display
"heavy". For example, compare the document at

http://earthspace.net/The_sky/sky_top.html

using lynx/ncurses and lynx/slang and see which one is "lighter", easier to
read. Even if it was intentional, it's a mistake and should be corrected.

Ismael
       | ISMAEL CORDEIRO            | mailto:address@hidden    |
       | Production sound mixer     | http://ismael.cordeiro.com/   |
       | Montréal - Québec - Canada | ftp://pubnix.net/users/ismael |