Re: lynx-dev Converting HTML to Text with Lynx

From: Larry W. Virden
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Converting HTML to Text with Lynx
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 09:46:27 -0500 (EST)

Re: link numbers and link references at the end of lynx text output

As long as people who WANT what I call the HREF footnotes (the numbers
where a link would be, along with an entry at the end of the page
indicating the link's HREF) can get them, easily, then it seems like
having an easy way for people who do not want either would also be useful.

lynx -nolist -dump gets rid of the HREF footnotes at the bottom of the page,
but leaves the links numbered (at least with my lynx.cfg setup).
But that option never seemed all that useful to me - what good does it do
me to see that there was a link in a paragraph and not see the href.  If
I go so far as to drop the hrefs then I probably don't want the numbers either.
--
Larry W. Virden <mailto:address@hidden><http://www.usenix.org/events/tcl2k/>
-><-