Re: lynx-dev Personal mail address

From: Ismael Cordeiro
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Personal mail address
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 13:24:41 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 12 Jan 2000, Doug Kaufman wrote:

> > However, when Lynx sends mail it doesn't send in the "From:" field the
> > address in "personal_mail_address". Here's part of the header of a
> > document I mailed to myself with Lynx' "Mail the file":
>
> I think that the problem is that you have "NO_ANONYMOUS_EMAIL" defined in
> userdefs.h. Although the information there doesn't mention it, I believe it
> stops you from specifying the FROM address. See LYMail.c, line 1604 in the
> dev.18 code. Try recompiling with the NO_ANONYMOUS_EMAIL define commented
> out and see if this changes the behavior to what you want.

Thanks, Doug. I haven't touched userdefs.h since I began using the configure
program, a long time ago. Commenting out NO_ANONYMOUS_EMAIL works for mailto
and comments but not for "Mail the file". It would be a good idea to comment
out NO_ANONYMOUS_EMAIL in the default userdefs.h, to extend it to "Mail the
file" and make it also a configure option. Complementing that, making the use
of an external MUA easier would be an excellent idea.

Ismael
       | ISMAEL CORDEIRO            | mailto:address@hidden    |
       | Production sound mixer     | http://ismael.cordeiro.com/   |
       | Montréal - Québec - Canada | ftp://pubnix.net/users/ismael |