Re: lynx-dev Personal mail address

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Personal mail address
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 13:16:26 -0600 (CST)

On Wed, 12 Jan 2000, Ismael Cordeiro wrote:

> Thanks, Doug. I haven't touched userdefs.h since I began using the configure
> program, a long time ago. Commenting out NO_ANONYMOUS_EMAIL works for mailto
> and comments but not for "Mail the file". It would be a good idea to comment
> out NO_ANONYMOUS_EMAIL in the default userdefs.h, to extend it to "Mail the
> file" and make it also a configure option. Complementing that, making the use
> of an external MUA easier would be an excellent idea.

Yes, the default has been wrong (contradicting the documentation) for a long
time.  I brought it up here:
 <http://www.flora.org/lynx-dev/html/month071999/msg00878.html>
and planned to send a patch to change it back, after Henry's response,
 <http://www.flora.org/lynx-dev/html/month081999/msg00215.html>,
but never did.  If you have time, please send a patch to change the
default back to undefined... better yet, check that the documentation
is then in accordance with the actual behavior.
There probably shouls also be a note in userdefs.h to the effect:
'If you define NO_ANONYMOUS_EMAIL then the "Personal mail address" setting
won't work as expected and documented'.

   Klaus