Re: lynx-dev Personal mail address

From: Henry Nelson
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Personal mail address
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2000 11:41:57 +0900 (JST)

> I don't think it should be given that much prominence.  Frankly, I don't
> [...]
> useful thing (in more than the most restricted guest situations) - let
> it languish in userdefs.h at best.

Agree.

> If someone *really* uses NO_ANONYMOUS_EMAIL as a useful and necessary
> option, in any sort of situation, let's hear it.

I use it for my public access Lynx.  Is it "necessary;" probably not.
It's "useful" I believe for my _beginning_ students before they know how
to enter their correct e-mail address.  As I said before, turning it off
by default is no problem.  It wouldn't even bother me all that much if it
were done away with, or tied in some way with -anonymous and -restrictions,
rather than being a configure option.  If it is kept, it ought to do what
it seemed to promise -- anonymous users cannot enter a return e-mail
address under any situation.

__Henry