Re: lynx-dev problem with -post_data

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev problem with -post_data
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2000 10:41:06 -0600 (CST)

On Tue, 11 Jan 2000, Vieri Di_paola wrote:

> On Wed, 5 Jan 2000, Klaus Weide wrote:
>
> > Write significant line ends as %13%10.
> > Replace significant spaces by + or %20.
> > Replace actual + characters (if any) by %2B.
> > Replace actual % characters (if any) by %25.
>
> I get the same error message except this time I "SEE" the characters
> listed above. In other words:
> PROGRAM+blastn%10 etc...

My best guess is that that server accepts input labelled with the
Content-type "x-www-form-urlencoded", or it may even require that
label, but it doesn't actually treat the data in accordance to the
rules for "x-www-form-urlencoded".  As long as input is always
submitted by special utilities or scripts, and never with an
interactive Web browser as a HTML form submission, that would work.

I'm not going to test that hypothesis, that server has probably more
important things to do than respond to a bunch of erroneous test
submissions...

> I don't want to insist too much on this for I found an alternative
> solution (thanks to you - rep_client, remember?).

If that works, then use it. :)

  Klaus