Re: lynx-dev e-mail improvement

From: Eduardo Chappa L.
Subject: Re: lynx-dev e-mail improvement
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2000 08:48:12 -0800 (PST)

*** Henry Nelson wrote in the Lynx list on Jan 12, 2000:

:) > (2) here's an article Joe Friendly would love to see!
:) > i enter  p , follow the 2nd choice, replace the default with his e-address
:) > & Lynx sends the article, incl all the garbage at beginning & end,
:)
:) Use a PRINTER definition in lynx.cfg if you wish to call your favorite
:) mailer rather than execute the default action.
:)
:) Borrowing from the archives:
:) #PRINTER:incl in body, prompt for add:mutt -i %s %s:TRUE
:) #PRINTER:mime attach, prompt for add:mutt -a %s %s:TRUE
:) #PRINTER:incl,subj prompt,dummy add:mutt -i %s -s %s address@hidden:TRUE
:) #PRINTER:mime, subj prompt, dummy add:mutt -a %s -s %s address@hidden:TRUE
:)

What does the Printer command have to do with mailto:? I mean is the usual
user of lynx going to think of doing this? or is this method just
something we say among us so that nobody do the dirty work of writing the
patch. Unfortunately this does not work quite well with pine, I never saw
how you could input the mailto: address from the file. I guess the patch I
am thinking of will be a mixture of the external and the printer
configurations.